As the warmer months approach, many of us look forward to hosting gatherings for our friends and loved ones. As we fill in our calendar, we should also be reminded of the element of risk that comes along with hosting an event, and consider the importance of “event insurance”.
Wedding Event Coverage:
An investment in event insurance while planning a wedding can be much more than just a stress relevant. Event insurance policies are available to protect you from unexpected issues that may arise throughout the wedding planning process.
Some aspects covered include:
- Wedding photos and video- Payment of the extra expenses necessary to retake the photos if they cannot be reproduced for any reason including non-appearance of the photographer, etc.
- Bridal attire- Coverage for physical loss or damage to the bridal attire once the property is in the care of the Insured
- Loss deposit- Provides coverage for non-refundable deposits made to providers of any booked goods or services if they suffer financial failure
- In the event of cancellation, event insurance will provide coverage for loss of revenue or cancellation fees.
Whether you're planning a charity fundraiser or otherwise, events including games and monetary prizes can be protected by insurance. Event insurance policies in this case would reduce financial risk of the host and allow that risk to be assumed by the insurance company.
Policies can cover a variety of “prizes/activities” including:
- • Golf: Hole In One/Million Dollar Shot
- • Weather Promotions (guess the weather on day of purchase etc.)
- • Number Draws
- • Football: Kicks, Throws, Score Predictions
Event insurance policies can be revised to cover liability when there is alcohol service. Banquets, socials, and cocktail parties among other can be covered. For alcohol coverage, a valid liquor permit or license must be in place. As well, annual coverage is available for weekly/monthly events. See our earlier post, “Host Liquor Liability” for more.
What ever the event may be, insurance is a great option to ensure maximum security throughout the entire process. Happy event planning!