Still searching the image? Go no farther as here are all the hazards found in the image above. Did you miss any?
- The cord across the floor by the fridge.
- Shoes blocking the door.
- Water on floor in front of stove.
In the last year there was over 175,000 emergency department visits due to slips, trips and stumbles.*
- Pot handle sticking off the stove.
- Cup sitting on the edge of the island.
In 2018 1199 people where hospitalized due to injuries from hot substances.*
- Knife on the edge of the island.
In the last year nearly 100,000 people in Ontario alone reported to emergency for cutting and piercing injuries.*
- Child safety lock under sink is not latched
- Open pill bottle on counter.
There was over 28,000 cases of accidental poisonings in Ontario over the last year.*
Electrical / Fire
- Light switch cover by the door.
- Toaster on the edge of the running sink is plugged in.
- Tinfoil on plate of food in the microwave.
- Paper towel on the hot stove.
In 2018 There where 7000 structural fires in Ontario that resulted in a injury, fatality or financial loss.**
Crazy? Not as much as you would think.
While these things are unlikely, they ALL happen daily.
At HRC insurance offer all the following:
- Home Insurance
- Auto insurance
- Life & Investment Insurance
- Resort Insurance
- Business & Commercial Insurance
- Cottage Insurance
- Group Benefits
- Custom insurance plans to meet every need
Let us help you secure the future.
Click on "Free Quote" or call us at one of our locations so we can show you how to ensure you, your family, and your business are prepared should the worst happen.
* Slips, trips and falls: Our newest data reveals causes of injury hospitalizations and ER visits in Canada - Table 8:
** Ontario Fire Incident Summary - "2018: Fire Incidents in Ontario":