Did you switch to winter tires? Or re-shingle your roof this summer? Or maybe you paid off your mortgage. These are just a few examples of things to inform your Insurance broker about to make sure you are getting the best rate and coverage possible. Here is a list of reasons to inform your insurance broker.
- Renovations- Renovations can increase the values of your home. Your home insurance policy is designed to cover the replacement cost of your home in the event of a fire or other significant loss. Inform your insurance broker as soon as possible of any significant upgrades to be sure you are covered.
- Upgrades- Upgrades to electrical, plumbing, roof or heating systems.
- Vacating your home for an extended period of time.
- Switching to winter tires from November to April.
- Paying off your mortgage or vehicle financing.
- If you moved- Moving can result in changes to the rating territory where your vehicle is now parked or driving distance to work.
If you are unsure if a change in your life has an effect on your insurance policy just give us a call. We can quickly determine if your policy has you covered.